Here are a few facts about me as your Candidate for the Auburn School Board District 3 position that you may not have known!
- I support PTSA.
- I am a single parent.
- I have a bachelor’s degree in Applied Sociology/Social Work.
- I am a first generation college graduate.
- In my professional role I have been attending meetings and supporting school boards for more than ten years.
- I do not eat bananas.
- I was trained by United Way’s Project LEAD to be a non-profit board director.
- I completed my Masters Degree in Communication and Leadership Skills in 2015. Go Zags!
- I love spending time with my family.
- I love music, movies, reading and the Seahawks!
- I was trained as an Action Collab Design Thinking Facilitator at ISKME in California.
- This summer I trained to be a barista and I serve coffee twice per month at Grace Cafe in Grace Community Church.
- I have a pug named Belle, she was rescued as a puppy.
- I have served in multiple executive roles on more than one non-profit board of directors.
- I completed a certificate this summer in Advancing Your Communication Strategy in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion from PRSA.
- I am Sinixt, I am an enrolled member of the Colville Confederated Tribes- Lakes Band.
- I have worked in public education for more than ten years.
- I love our schools in Auburn and appreciate all our district has done to keep students and staff healthy and safe during my generation’s most challenging time in public education.
My vast personal and professional experience, deep understanding of and commitment to public education, combined with my heart for serving, are what I believe makes me an excellent choice for your next Auburn School Board member.
What else would you like to know? To learn more about me visit www.mjlarmie.org. You can email me or call me, if you want to set up a time to chat in-person or online.
Please pass this post along to an interested friend or neighbor and vote #MJL4ASD on November 2!